Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
GeekWire Gala: The Year in Geek
Thursday, December 8, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
The GeekWire Gala
"The Year in Geek....Celebrating Geeks Who Give Back"
Join hundreds of movers-and-shakers in the tech community, as we take a moment to celebrate “geeks who give back.” We’ll toast the men and women of the 2012 GeekWire calendar, and Newsmakers of the Year, but that’s not all. Enjoy calendar-themed activities, spirited contests, techie give-aways and the geekiest of chic nights on the town, not to mention your own complimentary copy of the coveted calendar.
The evening's activities: Take a swag-studded tour of the Year in Geek. From National Umbrella Day (February 10), to National Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you), play to win fabulous prizes. Attire for this gala? No need to get formal. Fancy if you like, and flying your GeekWire red, white and black is a bonus. Fame and prizes await our "best dressed guests."
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Facebook, Startup Weekend, thePlatform
Cocktails For A Cause by Heinz Marketing
FAQ: Commonly Asked Questions About The Gala 2011
Union Station Garage (Directions). Enter on 4th avenue.
- This garage will be open until 10 PM (and the party officially ends at 8:00 PM).
- If you stay for the entire party the ticket will be $13 (pay by the hour).
- Please just don’t park in spots that say “no parking, your car will be towed” as they mean it. :) (the 422 spots in the lot should accommodate most of our guests).
- Take the elevator from the garage and choose either entrance to the “Great Hall.” Check-in is on the Jackson Avenue side.
- Pay lots can be found at 5th & Jackson, 4th & Jackson, 6th & King, as well as street parking along 5th and throughout Chinatown.
- For our metro-riding geeks, the King Street Station is only a block from the venue!
- Last but not least, our good friends at Uber are offering a $20 off gift card as a parting gift, and if you'd like to travel in style either to or from the gala, use the discount code GWGALA for 10% off!
BEVERAGES: Please note that Union Station has a CASH ONLY bar. However, if you don't have cash, our event volunteers can swipe your credit card for purchase of additional drink tickets for redemption at the bar.
Additional questions? Please contact Red@GeekWire.com.
When & Where
GeekWire is an independent technology news site and online community based in Seattle, Wash. — covering the people, companies and innovations emerging from the Pacific Northwest and impacting the world.